Book your Massage or Wellness Session
These light touch therapies are safe, gentle and highly effective in facilitating the healing of the mind/body connection.
CranioSacral therapy is gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and normalizing the CranioSacral system – this system is comprised of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surrounds and protects the brain and spinal cord. The therapist can feel and correct restrictions found in these tissues, using the bones like handles and assisting the body’s own self correcting mechanisms, which makes this therapy gentle and safe for most conditions.
Craniosacral therapy goes beyond this semi-closed hydraulic system to all areas of the body. The connective tissues of the craniosacral system are connected to all fascia tissue of the body, which is like a body stocking that wraps around all muscles, organs, nerves etc., and hold everything in place in the body. The therapist evaluates the whole body and uses the same gentle approach, using energy, intention, and touch to help to clear physical restrictions as well as emotional energy blocks that are impeding normal flow and rhythm of energy, fluids and tissues that may be compromising health and vitality. It has been likened to smoothing straightening out layers of saran wrap.
Craniosacral therapy can influence all systems of the body and can be effective for a wide variety of symptoms and conditions, such as headaches, injuries, and chronic pain conditions.
CST has many applications for children and babies. Craniosacral treatments may help birth trauma, assisting to normalize the craniosaral system following difficult births, forceps and cesarean deliveries. Fussy babies and colic are indications for CST, and these therapies have been shown to be useful for learning disabilities, behavioural problems, cerebral palsy and autism.
CranioSacral Therapy is offered by
Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy is a holistic touch therapy that gently unwinds the nervous system and body tissues from compression, trauma, and inertia into deeper states of ease, fluidity and rest. It encompasses holding the whole and interconnected layers of the Human Being. This includes bone tissue, brain and nervous system, psyche, emotional landscape, and Soul Intentions.
Patterns of compression, inertia and trauma often have their roots in our early experience; including the ancestral lineage and environment we come in to, our experience in the womb, our birth, the first year of life, as well as the wider environmental and cultural structures we live and grow ourselves in. PPN facilitation offers a gentle, non-invasive approach to meeting and re-patterning imprints that arise from these early stages of development.
SUPPORTING YOU INTO CONNECTION
What may unfold through a session:
- Release of body tension
- Re-alignment of bone structure
- Resolution of trauma, birth
- Patterns, accidents or injuries
- Nourishment of the nervous system, brain and body tissues
- Re-connection to the felt-sense of resource within oneself
- Increased self awareness and self-connection
- Deepening relationship with the body – including strengthening capacity to hear and respond to the language of the body
- Resting in dynamic stillness
- Increased space, clarity and sense of peace within mind and body
- Increased circulation & flow
- Moving from a slower, deeper rhythm
BioDynamic CranioSacral Therapy is offered by Joni Martin
SomatoEmotional Release (SER) is the expression/release of emotion that has been retained, suppressed and isolated within the body/mind.
An SER process is facilitated by gentle, well-intentioned touch between a therapist and client. The therapist listens and follows a client’s subtle or large body signals and movements. A process may be silent or facilitated through therapist guided dialogue and reflective imagery.
SER often results in:
- Release and softening in general or specific body parts and tissue
- Emotional release
- Increased clarity and awareness, greater body-mind connection
“Observation of the SER process suggests that independent retention of the energy or memory of both physical and emotional trauma is frequently accomplished by specific body parts, regions and viscera.”
Dr John Upledger, Founder of SER,
Upledger Institute of Cranio-Sacral Studies
With Gerri Aiudi, Jane Lightbody Thomas and Anne Belohorec
50 minute treatments $180.00
Treatments available for babies and children
Experience three craniosacral therapists co-ordinating their skills to provide you with new insights and a deeper, more comprehensive level of healing as well as the ability to move more quickly through the therapeutic healing process.
The same gentle hands-on approach is used with an integration of techniques that enhances and accelerates the results, and creates breakthroughs in the healing process and opens up new possibilities that were not available before.
- Expertise in both craniosacral and somatoemotional techniques
- Therapists with up to 20 years experience in the healing arts including myofascial release, trigger points, lymph drainage, Trager Psychophysical Integration and breathwork.
- Therapists are skilled in chronic inflammatory diseases and responses, pediatric conditions, traumatic spinal or brain injuries, delving deeper into old unresolved injuries, exploring your own inner peace and growth and exploring patterns and habits that keep you stuck in unhealthy ways.
- Indications include cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury, developmental delays and immune system challenges.